- Winners will be drawn at random from entries received online, or by call-in or text-in participation if applicable during on-air contests.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of entries.
- No purchase is necessary.
- Contestants must be legal U.S. residents.
- Contestants must be at least 18 years old.
- Present and past employees of Midlands Media Group (WWNQ WZMJ & Cola Daily), and its affiliates, along with family members and employees of other radio or television stations may not win any contest associated with Midlands Media Group. Midlands Media Group reserves the right
to revoke any prize if the contestant does not meet any or all of the eligibility requirements, or if entry ticket has been damaged or altered.
- Unless a specific contest references a unique set of rules, contests are limited to one entry per person. Further, all Midlands Media Group contests, on or off air, are limited to one winner per household (persons living at the same address) or immediate family per sixty (60) day period for all prizes having a total value of $100.00 or less; limited to one winner per household (persons living at the same address) or immediate family per one hundred twenty (120) day period for
all prizes having a total value of $101 – $999; limited to one winner per household (persons living at the same address) or immediate family per one hundred eighty (180) day period for all prizes having a total value of $1000 or more.
- Midlands Media Group reserves the right to disqualify any entry or revoke any prize if the contestant does not meet any or all of the eligibility requirements.
- Midlands Media Group and its sponsors are not responsible for late, lost, damaged, incomplete, misdirected, illegible or mutilated entries.
- No substitution or other consideration for the stated prize may be claimed. However,
Midlands Media Group reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value at its sole
discretion in the event of unavailability of a prize. All items won from any Midlands Media Group contest
must be claimed within thirty (30) days of winning and must be claimed between
9AM and 5PM, Monday through Friday (except holidays) at Midlands Media Group offices:
1010 Gervais Street, Suite 100, Columbia, South Carolina, 29201. Any item or prize with a weekend
expiration date not claimed at the Midlands Media Group offices by 5PM on the Friday
preceding the weekend expiration date will be forfeited with no compensation.
- Prizes valued at less than $25.00 may (at the winner’s request) be mailed using first class U.S. Postal Service mail. Midlands Media Group is not responsible for problems occurring within
the postal system which may affect winner’s receipt of prizes.
- An IRS 1099-MISC form will be completed and filed with the Internal Revenue Service
for every prize (or combination of winnings) valued at $600 or more during the calendar
year. All local, state and federal taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winning
contestants must show proof of Social Security numbers to Midlands Media Group for any
prize. This is for tax recording purposes only, and will not be used or released for any other
- Midlands Media Group is not responsible for any failure of communications, failure of the
Internet or its web sites, or allegation of telephone difficulties. In the case of a dispute
over telephone lines, the decision of Midlands Media Group is final. In the event that two
telephone lines are tied together during a phone contest, the entire phone call will be
disqualified and another phone call will be taken. Midlands Media Group cannot award
duplicate prizes to both parties in a “tied together” situation. An example of a “tied
together” call may be two telephone calls originating from the same location or residence or
a party line.
- All winning contestants are required to acknowledge these contest rules either by signing an
Midlands Media Group winner release form, or by acceptance of a prize by mail if the prize is
not picked up at the offices as stated above.
- All prizes are described by Midlands Media Group either on the air, online or via signage at
off-air events. Each prize has a predetermined value which is not negotiable. As a condition
of winning a prize, a winner acknowledges that Midlands Media Group reserves the right to
broadcast their name and voice and to use their likeness or photo to promote the contest.
- As a condition of accepting a prize, winner acknowledges that Midlands Media Group is not
responsible for any harm, injury, or damage caused to any person or property, proximate or
otherwise, through the use of any prize by any person, and agrees to save and hold harmless
Midlands Media Group, its principals and employees from any claim of such responsibility.
“Harm, injury, or damage” includes but is not limited to occurrences beyond the control
of Midlands Media Group such as bodily injury or theft, expiration of an item or a prize, and
cancellation or alteration of an event.
- Additional rules pertaining to specific contests may supplement or supersede these rules.
- All Midlands Media Group decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the contest.
- Date the Official Contests Rules was last modified: December 18, 2018.
- Copies of these written contest rules, and the rules of specific contests, are available during regular business hours at the main studio of Midlands Media Group LLC 1010 Gervais St., Ste. 100, Columbia, SC 29201.